The New 2018 Range Rover – to be Revealed for the First Time in the Region at Dubai International Motor Show
- The new 2018 Range Rover will make its debut in the Middle East at the 2017 Dubai International Motor Show
- Redesigned cabin delivers peerless refinement – whether travelling for business or pleasure
- Elegant and intuitive Touch Pro Duo infotainment system with twin high-definition touchscreen controls is a digital butler fit for the 21st Century
- Available to order from Land Rover retailers now Customers should visit www.landrover-me.com for more information
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 11 October 2017: More than ever, Range Rover represents the pinnacle of luxury travel, making every journey a treasured experience whether driving or being driven. The new Range Rover will be making its motor show debut and appearing for the first time in the Middle East at the Dubai International Motor Show on November 14, 2017.
Conceived nearly 50 years ago for the country set to use on the estate and then drive to the townhouse, Range Rover has continuously evolved to lead the world around it, remaining the peerless luxury SUV.
The exterior design has evolved, while heightened comfort and new consumer technologies have been added to the cabin.
Comfort-enhancing functions transform the travelling experience for the driver and passengers. The front seats feature 24-way movement thanks to the new seat frames, with wider and deeper foams as well as heated arm rests. In the rear a completely redesigned cabin and seating layout create a tranquil sanctuary with no compromise to the rear load space.
If you’re working while being driven, up to 17 connection points including domestic plug sockets, USB, HDMI and 12-volt are all available; 4G Wi-Fi hotspots for up to eight devices and convenient storage are all designed for the business traveller. The cabin is tailored for relaxation with luxurious seats offering 25 massage programmes thanks to Hot Stone massage technology within the seat backs.
Wider, softer seats offer sumptuous comfort. Reclining by up to 40 degrees, they make the most of the additional 186mm legroom (now 1,206mm in total) and can be deployed at the touch of button. The exemplary comfort extends to heated and cooled seats, plus heated arm, foot and calf rests. For additional convenience and personalisation, all seat functionality can be controlled via a smartphone app, whether inside or outside the vehicle.
“Our customers are very clear about what they want from any new Range Rover. ‘Don’t change it, just make it better,’ they tell us, so everything we've done has been about enhancing our flagship SUV. After nearly 50 years the fourth generation Range Rover is the finest so far, ensuring the original luxury SUV remains the choice for discerning customers the world over.”
Gerry McGovern, Chief Design Officer, Land Rover
The elegance of the interior has been elevated by the seamless integration of the most advanced infotainment system yet created by Jaguar Land Rover. Touch Pro Duo, codenamed ‘Blade’, combines two high-definition 10-inch touchscreens on the centre console working in perfect harmony. Information can be swiped from one screen to the other, making the layout highly intuitive and engaging to operate, with unrivalled functionality.
The new Range Rover has been enhanced with further technologies for greater comfort and convenience:
- Gesture sunblind: opened and closed by an advanced gesture control system that senses an occupant’s hand movement. All it takes to open the blind is a rearward swipe in front of the rear view mirror, and forwards to close
- Air Cabin Ionisation: uses nano-sized charged water particles to cleanse and purify the air for enhanced passenger wellbeing
- Pixel-laser LED headlights: advanced technology is brighter and yet intelligently blanks sections of LEDs to avoid dazzling oncoming drivers
- Activity key: customers can securely lock and unlock their vehicle without the need to carry a conventional key fob
Designed and engineered by Jaguar Land Rover in the UK, the new Range Rover will be produced at the company’s Solihull production facility and is available to order now, with first deliveries from the end of 2017 (market dependent).
Home >> Automobile Section