2018 XTS arrives in the Middle East featuring Cadillac's new generation of design and technology
- Freshened exterior and interior appearances
- Enhanced technology features with next-generation Cadillac user experience
- Improved chassis for even greater ride comfort with less noise, vibration and harshness
- Advanced driver assistance systems for safer experience
Dubai, UAE, February 19, 2018: Cadillac has announced the Middle East arrival of the redesigned 2018 XTS, the brand’s spacious and comfortable sedan with confident handling and performance. For 2018, the XTS receives technical, chassis and appearance changes to heighten the appeal of this elegant sedan.
With the enhanced next-generation Cadillac user experience, the XTS now offers a dynamic platform that can be adjusted over time to meet a customer’s evolving connectivity needs.
The updated chassis has revised tire designs for both 19 and 20-inch tires—improving ride comfort while reducing outside noise for a quieter and more comfortable cabin. Drivers will find front-seat luxury much more comfortable thanks to changes to seat foam geometry, wire frame structure and heat pad redesign. An increased use of engineered sound insulators (to reduce exterior noise) lessens cabin sound to create an even more serene environment.
Christian Soemmer, Managing Director, Cadillac Middle East, said, “Following the regional debut of the 2018 Cadillac XTS at the Dubai International Motor Show, the newly redesigned sedan’s arrival in the Middle East sets high standards of luxury and innovation, and sets the stage for customers in the region who dare to own without compromise”.
Soemmer continued, “With sophisticated exterior looks, an intelligently designed cabin and dynamic performance capabilities, the 2018 XTS is a truly refined experience.”
New exterior styling features freshened front and rear fascias, updated interior color and trim choices – including a Platinum-exclusive Maple Sugar with Jet Black environment – and new alloy wheel options highlight the updates to the XTS. The appearance change includes new fenders, front and rear fascias, grille, and the addition of LED headlights and taillamp in keeping with today’s portfolio. It also brings the overall length of the car to 5,103 mm (28 mm shorter than the 2017 model).
Like the exterior, the XTS’s cabin features authentic cut-and-sewn materials and an artistic integration of technology.
The XTS Platinum V-Sport is also available and takes performance to a higher level, driven by an exclusive twin-turbo engine and all-wheel drive. Platinum V-Sport models also feature a leather-wrapped interior with microfiber suede headliner, as well as premium wood trim on the steering wheel, console, center stack, instrument panel and door panels.
The Cadillac Twin-Turbo 3.6L V-6 headlines the XTS’s powertrain lineup and is standard on V-Sport model, delivering SAE-certified 410 horsepower (306 kW) and 500 Nm (369 lb-ft of torque) – making it one of the most power-dense six-cylinder engines in the segment. The XTS’s standard 3.6L V-6 is rated at 304 horsepower (227 kW) and 355 Nm of torque (264 lb-ft). Lightweight features help reduce overall weight for greater efficiency and a more favorable front-to-rear weight balance. The engines are matched with six-speed automatic transmissions with tap-shift control.
Standard and available features across the lineup include:
- Updated chassis with improved ride comfort
- Standard Brembo front brakes
- Standard advanced all-wheel-drive system with electronically controlled limited-slip differential
- Standard 19-inch wheels on the Luxury and standard 20-inch wheels for Luxury and Platinum V-Sport models, with a new wheel design
- Updated next-generation Cadillac user experience infotainment system with the fastest response time ever, updated graphics, personalized profiles and smartphone-like navigation (navigation is available on Luxury and Standard Platinum V-Sport models)
- Adaptive remote start
- Four USB ports
- Standard eight-speaker Bose® audio system
When it comes to trunk space, the XTS is in a league of its own, with 509 L (18 cubic feet), exceeding both midsize and full-size competitors. the cargo advantage means room for five or more suitcases.
Home >> Automobile Section