Ideal Standard offers down-to-earth tips to save water at home
Backed by water conservation technologies and products
Dubai, UAE, July 03, 2018: Water is a precious commodity and today, more than ever before, increasingly erratic weather patterns, population increases and changes in lifestyle have put pressure on our water supplies. Hence, it is important that we use water carefully. Ideal Standard, one of the leading providers of innovative bathroom solutions,is a keen believerin taking practical steps nowthatwill ensure there is enough water to go around for years to come.
With building regulations now emphasising the importance of being green, water conservation has also become a vital factor in the final design of bathrooms. The fact is almost 49% of water used in a home is in the bathroom. Backed by its emphasis on revolutionary technologies Ideal Standard offers ground-breaking products that conserve water and promote efficiency.
One outstanding example is theIdealraincollection of shower systems and kits.The precision-designed flow engine delivers optimal spray proficiency, while the easy-to-use controls and high and low-pressure compatibility helps maintain the right rate of water flow. Its clever design helps reduce water consumption without compromising on comfortor performance.In fact, Idealrain head showers have a 12l/min flow rate only, while Idealrain handsprays go up tojust 8l/min flow rate. Isn’t that great for conserving water?
Ideal Standards prides itself in offering great ranges of mixers and taps with clever water-saving features. Connect Airmixers, known for their minimalistic and slim line interiors, combines precision engineering with a notable saving on water consumption and therefore bills.Tonic II, Tesi and Ceraflexbathroom mixers combine superior function, aesthetics and water saving characteristics, performingflawlessly and saving money in the long run. Idealspray ablution faucets function impeccably at 4l/min flow rate.
Another water conservation breakthrough is Ideal Standard’s advanced AquaBlade®flush technology. Unlike other flushing systems, AquaBlade®is an engineered system of channels that creates a cascading wall of water, which gives optimum water flow covering every inch of the ceramic. This advanced engineeringallows flushing at the extremely low level of 4,5/3l,delivering nevertheless a remarkably clean toilet bowl.
As an innovative company Ideal Standard directs its efforts are towards meeting both consumer and environment needs.The result is a more satisfying bathroom experience for customers. The company believes thateach and every one can do small changes and save water now, so we can all prevent more extreme measures needing to be taken later.
Handy water-saving tips from Ideal Standard:
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth. Water comes out of the average faucet at around 11 litres per minute. Don’t let all that water go down the drain while you brush.
- Fix your leaks. Dripping taps are hugely wasteful - losing around one full bathtub of water every 6 days. They are often simple to fix.
- Cut your showers shortfor some serious water savings.Cutting just one minute off your shower can save 8-16 litres each time. That’s around 24,000 litres a year saved by a family of four. Choose Idealrain handspray with 8l/min flow rate and use 57% less water compared to a regular handspray.
- Choose efficient fixtures. Like installing Ideal Standard mixers that have only 5l/min flow rate and ultra-low-flush toilets. Also look for water efficient dishwashers and washing machines.
- Keep an eye on your bill to spot leaks. If your water bill goes up suddenly, there’s a good chance that there’s a leak somewhere. Call in a plumber to check your lines to save water --and cash!
- Don’t run the dishwasher or washing machine until it’s full. Those half-loads add up to many litres of wasted water. Filling just one heavy load to the washing machine can save 5 litres each time.
- If you are hand-washing dishesmake sure you use water sparingly by turning off the tap at regular intervals instead of letting it run the whole time that you’re scrubbing.
- Rinse vegetables in a full sink or pan of water.
- Water outdoor plants in the early morning. This way you’ll need less water, since cooler morning temperatures mean losing less water to evaporation.
We believe that together we become stronger and hence we can all play our part in saving water. As a leading provider of innovative bathroom solutions, Ideal Standard continues to design and manufacture leading-edge bathroom solutions, being a frontrunner when it comes to revolutionary water conservation technology
Headquartered in Dubai, UAE, Ideal Standard Gulf covers the Middle East region in collaboration with esteemed business partners across the different countries. The company is associated with some of the most prestigious projects in the Gulf and is committed to reinforce its market presence with its adherence to product quality, innovation, design and sustainability.
Home >> Government, Legal & Humanity Section