Maserati is the official car of the 41st Cannes Yachting Festival
- Maserati is the official car of the Cannes Yachting Festival for the second consecutive year
- The entire Maserati MY19 range is on show at the Trident Brand’s Lounge
- Exclusive “Drive & Sail” programme combining driving sessions with experiences on board Maserati Multi 70 with Giovanni Soldini
Dubai, UAE, September 19, 2018: For the second consecutive year, Maserati will be taking part as official car in the 41st edition of the Cannes Yachting Festival, with a comprehensive programme of events placing the Trident Brand firmly in the centre of Europe’s top yachting show.
Throughout the event, the Croisette will provide the backdrop for test drives involving the entire Maserati 2019 range: Levante, the first SUV in the Modena constructor’s more than a century of history, the Quattroporte flagship and the Ghibli sports sedan will be available to guests and customers for test drives on a route carefully chosen to highlight the performance, driving pleasure and comfort.
Maserati is also supplying a chauffeur courtesy car service for VIP guests visiting the event, in a fleet of cars, including the flagship Quattroporte sedan and the Levante SUV.
From 13 to 15 September, during the exclusive “Drive & Sail” programme, as well as taking the cars on-road, participants will also have the opportunity for an experience on board the Maserati Multi 70, skippered by Giovanni Soldini. The high-tech racing trimaran and its crew offer the opportunity of an adrenalin-packed experience of “flying” across the waves, in a vessel that is a cutting-edge work-in-progress, always seeking to evolve and improve performance. In February, Maserati Multi 70 set the new record on the Tea Route of 12,948 nautical miles from Hong Kong to London, which it covered in just 36 days, 37 minutes and 12 seconds.
The “Drive & Sail” experience is the ideal combination of technology, performance and lifestyle, all typical of the Trident Brand and echoed across the Maserati 2019 range, enhanced with discreet updates to the styling and new, exclusive contents.
Throughout the Festival, customers and guests will be welcomed to the Maserati Lounge, an exclusive space within the Vieux Port, Palais 239.
Inside the Lounge, visitors will be able to view the MY19 range, all featuring the powerful V6 and V8 petrol engines that deliver the perfect mix of performance and comfort, with the unique sound that identifies all Maserati cars:
- the new Levante GTS, launched in July at the Festival of Speed at Goodwood (UK) and star of Monterey Car Week in California in August. The eight cylinder 3.8-litre V 90° Twin Turbo engine, teamed with the Q4 Intelligent All-Wheel Drive System, delivers 550 HP at 6,250 rpm and 730 Nm peak torque between 2,500 and 5,000 rpm. The Levante GTS surges from 0 to 100 km/h in just 4.2 seconds and has a top speed of 292 km/h.
- The Quattroporte GTS MY19, the Trident Brand’s flagship now in its sixth generation, is fitted with the 3.8-litre V8 engine and is a perfect example of traditional Maserati performance. This powerplant generates 530 HP at 6,800 rpm and a peak torque of 710 Nm at speeds between 2,250 and 3,500 rpm, thanks to the automatic overboost function. The Quattroporte accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in just 4.7 seconds and has a top speed of 310 km/h.
- Also present are a Levante SQ4 in GranLusso trim and a Ghibli SQ4 GranLusso, both MY19. These cars are equipped with the 3.0-litre 6 cylinder V 60° engine, teamed with the Q4 Intelligent All-Wheel Drive System, which provides 430 HP at 5,750 rpm and 580 Nm peak torque between 2,250 and 4,000 rpm. The GranLusso trim features luxurious 100% natural silk interiors by Ermenegildo Zegna.
- All V6 and V8 petrol engines installed on Maserati cars are assembled at the Ferrari plant in Maranello.
The Maserati Lounge will also display the latest offerings by our partners, who will once again be joining the Trident Brand for this event.
To celebrate the partnership, Bvlgari will be exhibiting the two versions of the exclusive Octo Maserati watch, GranLusso and GranSport, the perfect synthesis of the elegance and excellence which the two brands share.
Ermenegildo Zegna, will be present with the ZZegna capsule collection, designed for sailing and yachting enthusiasts in search of quality technical clothing. The collection will also be on show at the Zegna boutique in Cannes throughout the Festival.
The lifestyle experience in the Maserati Lounge is completed by the Bowers & Wilkins sound system, with a personalised sound experience exclusively created for Maserati guests, and the Italian excellence of the Illy and Cantine Ferrari products.
Maserati Levante, Ghibli and Quattroporte MY19 at the 41st Cannes Yachting Festival
- Redesigned gearshift lever with improved operation for the three Maserati models
- Full-grain Pieno Fiore natural leather extends the available interior options
- New tri-coat colours, 20 to 22-inch wheel designs and interior veneers
- Integrated Vehicle Control (IVC) now standard on all Levante versions.Adaptive Full LED Matrix headlights available for the first time in the Levante range
- Levante GranSport trim inspired by new GTS and Trofeo versions
Maserati has chosen the prestigious backdrop of the Cannes Yachting Festival to offer its customers and guests the opportunity to test-drive the entire MY19 range, comprising the Levante, Ghibli and Quattroporte models, enhanced with discreet updates to their styling and new contents.
Both Maserati sedans as well as the Levante SUV have adopted a redesigned shorter-travel gearshift lever featuring a more intuitive shift pattern and improved operation. The driver now has the option to use it in automatic or manual mode simply by shifting the lever from right to left, while a new “P” button effortlessly sets the transmission in parking mode. With the new gearshift lever, the driving modes cluster on the centre console of all three models is even more user-friendly.
Levante, Ghibli and Quattroporte share the same MTC+ infotainment system, which is based on a high resolution 8.4” multi-touch screen and a double rotary knob on the centre console. The human-machine interface has been further improved for MY19 with updated display graphics and improved climate system ergonomics. The air flow distribution control, which is fully separated for driver and front passenger, has been revised and is now more customizable.
In the elegant interiors of all three models, Maserati introduces, for the first time the full-grain Pieno Fiore leather, which is like no other material in the automotive industry for its natural, soft feel and for its unique character. Pieno Fiore is available as an option in all other Levante trims, the Ghibli and the Quattroporte, in three colours with specific stitching on the seats and double stitching on the door panels. Alongside the Pieno Fiore leather option, Maserati offers two brand new high-gloss interior veneers for the Ghibli and Quattroporte and three for the Levante.
Each Maserati model boasts a dedicated colour selection, which is continuously refreshed. For MY19 there is a choice of ten body colours for the Quattroporte and eleven for each of the Ghibli and Levante models. Two new tri-coat colours are now available, born to enhance the design of each: Rosso Potente and Blu Nobile.
The Maserati Design Centre has also created a specific grille and side skirts exclusively for the Quattroporte GTS GranSport version.
In the wide collection of alloy wheels designed specifically for every single Maserati model, there are five brand new designs in the MY19 catalogue in 20 and 21-inch sizes, two for each of the Levante and Quattroporte models and one for the Ghibli. In addition, Maserati has designed the 22-inch Orione forged aluminium wheel – the largest ever fitted in a Maserati – exclusively for the new top-of-the-line Levante GTS and Trofeo.
MY19 Levante enhancements introduced by new V8 versions
The major breakthrough in the MY19 Levante range is the launch of the new 550 HP GTS, which alongside the 590 HP Trofeo (introduced at the New York Motor Show last March and available in overseas markets including the USA and Canada) brings the Maserati of SUVs to the very top of its class in terms of performance, driving dynamics and exclusivity. Alongside the V8 campaign, the entire Levante range features new contents for MY19, which underline its “Gran Turismo” character.
The MY19 Levante GranSport trim has adopted the styling theme introduced in the new V8 versions. Focused on the lower front fascia and the rear bumper, the elegant restyling provides sportier, more dynamic looks in comparison to the baseline and GranLusso trims. In addition, Adaptive Full LED Matrix headlights are available as an option for the first time in the Levante range.
The new GTS and Trofeo versions have also introduced to the Levante range the Maserati Integrated Vehicle Control (IVC), which was previously available only on the Ghibli and Quattroporte sedans. Rather than simply correcting vehicle instability, the IVC system helps prevent it, providing enhanced active safety, improved driving dynamics and an even more exciting performance.
Maserati produces a full range of unique motor cars immediately recognisable for their extraordinary personality. Thanks to their style, technology and innate exclusivity, they satisfy the most exacting, refined tastes and are a constant point of reference in the automobile industry. The current line-up includes the flagship Quattroporte executive sedan, the Ghibli sports sedan, the Levante “Maserati of SUVs” and the sporty GranTurismo and GranCabrio. The range has never been more complete, offering a choice of petrol and diesel engines, rear- or All-Wheel drive, a selection of sophisticated materials and outstanding technical solutions. With its tradition of successful automobiles, Maserati continues to redefine the concept of Italian sports motoring on an ongoing basis through design, performance, comfort, elegance and safety.
Home >> Automobile Section