Roger Dubuis Excalibur Skeleton Double Flying Tourbillon-"No Boxing No Life"
Adrenaline is the lifeblood of Roger Dubuis, along with a commitment to performance and blazing new watchmaking trails.
Dubai, UAE, October 22, 2018: This unflinching willpower and proven ability to go the distance have led Roger Dubuis to acknowledge its instinctive affinities with its new Friend of the Brand: Mexican boxing star and freshly crowned middleweight world champion, Saúl Álvarez (aka ‘Canelo’). Sporting the Roger Dubuis colors for the momentous September 15th prizefight against Gennady Golovki, Canelo channeled the spirit of a Maison fired by passion and endowed with an equally fierce determination to win by pushing every known limit.
To symbolize the ultimate tension and excitement of this momentous victory and celebrating its hard-hitting new alliance, Roger Dubuis has launched an exceptional pink gold eight-piece commemorative edition of its iconic Excalibur double flying tourbillon timepiece. Each of the models is engraved in the boxer’s native Spanish with the time and date of this landmark fight held at 6 o’clock on Quince de septiembre. The Manufacture has applied its finest skills to transforming Canelo’s initials into the jumper spring, a key movement component thus vividly exemplifying its mastery of both the technical and aesthetic aspects of its craft.
In addition, setting the perfect finishing touch to this high-impact timepiece, the black strap is actually made from the legendary boxer’s gloves and bears an inlaid embossed inscription of his 'No Boxing No Life' mantra. And since Roger Dubuis is all about experiences of a lifetime, each purchaser will actually receive a pair of gloves bearing the champion’s signature.
The Roger Dubuis Excalibur and Velvet collections are distributed worldwide through an exclusive sales network and boutiques. The quest for excellence, the long search for the right gesture, as well as the development of unique skills are all defining characteristics of the Geneva-based Swiss Maison.
Excalibur Skeleton Double Flying Tourbillon
A special and limited edition made for Saùl “Canelo” Alvarez and the rematch against Golovkin. The Excalibur 45 Skeleton Double Flying Tourbillon dresses with the colors of El Canelo: black and gold. Limited to 8 pieces, the timepiece celebrates the victory of the world famous counter puncher.
Limited Edition of 8 pieces
• Excalibur Original - Skeleton double flying tourbillon RD01SQ caliber - 18K pink gold case - 45mm - strap made of boxing glove leather
• Excalibur Original is the perfect match between high watch-making technology and natural elegance. In this collection, movements are skeleted, giving them a sharp look, and the materials are chosen among the most luxurious and innovative selections.
• AUTOMATIC RD01SQ SERIES: The skeleton double flying tourbillon is one of the highest complication in the world of Haute Horlogerie. Roger Dubuis was the first to release such a complication.
• Type: Excalibur case
• Diameter: 45mm
• Material: 18K pink gold
• Bezel: fluted 18K pink gold bezel with DLC coating on the top surface
• Crown: 18K pink gold
• Glass: sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment
• Case Back: 18K pink gold
• Type: Mechanical, manual-winding
• Caliber: RD01SQ Manufacture Roger Dubuis
• Functions: Hours, Minutes
• Number of components: 301
• Frequency: 2 x 3 hz (21’600 vph)
• Power reserve: 50 hours
Water Resistance: 5 BAR (50m)
Dial: Anthracite skeleton dial and flange, gold plated hour markers with golden superluminova, 18K pink gold hands.
Strap: Strap made with boxing gloves leather.
Buckle: 18K pink gold, adjustable folding buckle.
Label: Poinçon de Genève.
Home >> Lifestyle Section