ICAEW recognises Middle East's best finance professionals
The region’s best and brightest in accountancy and finance were celebrated yesterday evening (Wednesday, 5th December) at the ICAEW Middle East Annual Honours Ceremony 2018 at the Four Seasons Resort Dubai.
Dubai, UAE, December 06, 2018: Organised by Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), the annual gala event recognises and celebrates the achievements of individuals or organisations that have advanced the accountancy and finance profession within their chosen field.
Industry professionals from across the Middle East attended last night’s gala event, which included keynote address from Frank Gardner, BBC's Security Correspondent and British journalist.
The recipients of the ICAEW Middle East Annual Honours Ceremony 2018 were:
- HE Abdullah Mohamed Saeed Al Ghobash, UAE Minister of State and Director General of Dubai’s Financial Audit Authority, for Outstanding Contribution to the Profession by an Individual
- HE Abdulaziz Al Furaih, Advisor to KSA Ministry of Finance, for ICAEW award for Contribution to the Public Sector
- Lama Ghazzaoui, Chief Financial Officer for National Commercial Bank, for ICAEW award for Contribution to Business
- Jamal Fakhro, Managing Partner, KPMG Bahrain, for ICAEW award for Contribution to Practice
Commenting on the awards ceremony, Michael Armstrong FCA, ICAEW Regional Director for the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA), said: “The accounting profession is currently undergoing many changes and challenges, some may say they are the largest since the profession began. There is probably no single, simple answer to what the future accountancy firm will look like. But having people who continue to demonstrate the highest professional and ethical standards, like the recipients of this year’s awards, give us a positive outlook for the future. It’s absolutely important to recognise the milestones and achievements of these individuals and their organisations. Congratulations to all 2018 winners.”
Winners were selected by a panel comprising 15 of the region’s most respected industry professionals. Chaired by Edward Quinlan, Chairman of ICAEW Middle East Members Advisory Board, the panel this year were:
- Amanda Line, Partner at PwC
- Anis Sadek, Managing Partner at Deloitte Oman
- Anthony O’Sullivan, Partner at Ernst & Young
- Asim Sheikh, Senior Principal in Tax at Ernst & Young
- Daren Warner, Chief Financial Officer at Oman Arab Bank
- HE Helal Almarri, CEO of Dubai World Trade Centre and Director General of Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM)
- Herve Ballantyne, Audit & Assurance Partner at Deloitte Jassim Abdulaal, Managing Partner at Grant Thornton - Abdulaal Gulf Audit
- Dr Jeannette Vinke, Chief Financial Officer at American University of Sharjah
- Stephen Anderson, Partner Middle East Clients & Markets Leader and Executive Board Member at PwC UAE
- Mukhtar Hassan, Chairman at Al Barij International LLC
- Rohit Rajvanshi, Partner at KPMG in the Lower Gulf
- Dr Sameer Al Ansari, Founder and CEO at PEPlus Capital Advisors
- Zubair Patel, Partner, Tax & Corporate Services at KPMG in Kuwait
The ICAEW Middle East Annual Honours Ceremony is organised by ICAEW – a world leader in the accountancy and finance profession with over 150,000 members across the globe. The event is a key date in the annual calendar of regional business leaders.
Home >> Banking & Investments Section