Nine winners honored by DQG for their innovative ideas at the 10th Global Continual Improvement & Innovation Symposium & Competition 2018
- Dubai Police, DEWA, DED, DUCAB, EGA, and DAC won the first places.
- Sixty-five entities participated in categories of Kaizen, Innovation, Lean Six Sigma, Best Practice Management, and Happiness.
Dubai, 11th December 2018, UAE: In line with the quality world day celebrations, DQG’s Continual Improvement Subgroup, organized the 10th Global Continual Improvement & Innovation Symposium & Competition 2018 (GCIIS), were inaugurated by Hassan Omar, the Board Member of Dubai Quality Group, where industry experts provided insight into Innovation and Quality. It’s a platform to enhance and facilitate sharing, recognizing and learning from best practices and actual case studies in innovation and continual improvement from various sectors.
Dubai Quality Group honored nine entities pitched its innovative ideas in front of an audience of more than 150 CEOs, influencers, mentors and business partners, where more than 65 government and private entities have participated.
The global symposium was an excellent opportunity to showcase the best and brightest ideas implemented based on the quality standards and Innovation, aims to facilitate globally sharing, recognizing and learning from best practices and actual case studies from various sectors, to promote the value of quality standards and create awareness about the Kaizen, Innovation, Lean Six Sigma, Best Practice Management and the Happiness, their effectiveness as a marketing tool is strengthened.
This year the GCIIS have Mr. Amitabh Saxena, the international speaker who spoke about “Introduction to Artificial Intelligence for Quality Professionals.”
Fatma Buti Al Mheiri, the Chairman of Dubai Quality Group, stated “we are delighted to successfully conclude the 10th Global Continual Improvement & Innovation Symposium, which ensured the wise leadership vision is a beacon that lights up our path of excellence, to ensure a better future for the upcoming generations. The symposium gave an opportunity to exchange ideas and share best practices, highlighting the prominent role of Business Excellence & Innovation in enhancing productivity and growth in the business world. This year we honored nine entities out of 65 Case Studies received, with active participation from both the Public and Private sectors.”
I’m glad that DQG keen to facilitate this unique platform every year to gives us the opportunity to celebrate our quality achievements and recognize those that demonstrate the leadership to sustain and improve performance.” She added.
The Symposium featured Keynote Presentations in Kaizen & Lean Six Sigma Presentations by Case Study Competition finalists, followed by the much anticipated awarding ceremony, where the winning submissions of the case study competition were announced and appreciated, marking the closing of the event.
With the support of Governmental entities and private sectors, Dubai Quality Group was able to facilitate this unique platform, the Sponsors this year were Emirates National Oil Company Limited (ENOC), and DUCAB.
At the end of the Global Symposium the winners were recognized by Mohammed Al Mutawa, Secretary General of Dubai Quality Group & Hassan Omar Board member, according to the following categories:
- The winner of “Kaizen (Manufacturing)” category is Ducab, a case study “Cable Shape Improvement.”
- The winner of “Kaizen (Service)” category is Dubai Economy Department (DED), a case study “Instant License.”
- The winner of “Happiness” category is Dubai Police General HQ, a case study “Happiness and Positivity Council.”
- The winner of “Innovation (Manufacturing)” category is: Ducab Aluminium Company – DAC, Case Study “Manufacturing Alloy Products (Rod/Conductor)”
- The winner of “Innovation (Service)” category is the Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (DEWA), a case study “Design & Fabrication of Ferrule Replacement Machine for Pressurized Water Pipelines.”
- The winner of “Lean Six Sigma” category is Emirates Global Aluminium (EGA), a case study “Stub Damages in PL1.”
- The winner – “Best Practice in Management (Manufacturing)” category: Dubai Cables Pvt. Ltd (DUCAB), a case study “Tinning Line Relocation from (UK) to Abu Dhabi.”
- The winner of “Best Practice in Management (Manufacturing)” category is Emirates Global Aluminium (EGA), a case study “Save Steam Turbine Energy.”
- The winner of “Best Practice in Management (Service)” category is Dubai Police General HQ, a case study “Call of Duty.”
Home >> Entertainment Section