Buying a Used Car, Worth It or Not?
April 18, 2019 - Dubai, UAE
The market for used cars always existed, but has started thriving in the last few years. This is because after your house, a car is probably the next expensive purchase that you will make and used cars sometimes give better value for money compared to new cars. But how much is it worth? Not just in terms of cost but also what it gives back.
To help you answer this question and make a decision for yourself, a few points regarding the benefits of buying a used car are listed below. This will educate you about the market in question and help in making a more informed decision.
- The price tag is more appealing – a new car starts depreciating the moment it leaves the showroom but a used car has already been through all of that. This is a major factor that makes a used car a better bargain. The depreciation is much less and what you pay as a whole also comes out to be cheaper than buying a new car. If a car has been maintained well, then it is as good as a new one.
- It does not come with added taxes – the owner of a new car, along with paying the price of the car also has to pay certain taxes to the government like roads tax or state tax. The owner of a used car however does not have to worry about any of these added expenses as they are already taken care of.
- No extra add-on charges – dealers are trained to empty your bank account as much as possible. Cars for sale in Dubai along with them also bring add-ons like a protective film or ‘anti-rust coating’. These do nothing but increase the amount of the bill you pay at the end. At the time of buying used cars for sale in UAE or anywhere around the world, you might not end up with all the fancy features but at least your bank account will still be intact. More often than not, the cost of getting extra features in a used car will be far less or if you are lucky then they might just even be included in the cost of the car itself!
- Elimination of a middle man – the manufactures of cars anyway add a hefty price tag to it but with a dealer in the picture, the cost only increases. They add other charges like shipping charges, service charge and destination fees. These will leave you with nothing but a drained bank account. Buying a used car on the other hand, is far cheaper because you are in a better place to negotiate. The seller will go out of his way to accommodate all your needs because he will not want to lose out on a customer.
- The turnaround period is less – when someone has bought a new car they will at least try to keep it for a minimum of four to five years before giving it away. This is because of the amount they have invested in it. The owner of a used car will probably re-sell it or give it away within two-three years. This allows you to explore the market for a variety of cars. If your family has increased from two to four in the last three years, then sticking to a convertible will make no sense just because you have invested a lot in it.
The team of experts at Carswift hand-pick each car and lay a clear picture about it in front of you. Keeping the above in mind, investing in a used or pre-owned car is worth it.
Home >> Automobile Section