Jawaher Al Qasimi Launches ‘Salam Beirut' Campaign Aiding Lebanon Explosion Victims
To bring lifesaving aid, essential food supplies, healthcare and shelter to thousands who lost everything to the shocking tragedy
Her Highness Sheikha Jawaher Al Qasimi:
• Sharjah and the UAE are with every family and individual in Lebanon.
• Our brothers and sisters in Lebanon need us and we must do our best to fulfill our humanitarian duty to them.
• Lebanon deserves peace and security, and it is time to ensure its people have it.
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates - August 11, 2020: Her Highness Sheikha Jawaher bint Mohammed Al Qasimi, Wife of His Highness the Ruler of Sharjah, and Chairperson of The Big Heart Foundation and Eminent Advocate for Refugee Children at UNHCR, has today tweeted the announcement of ‘Salam Beirut’, an emergency aid and relief campaign from Sharjah, which follows the tragic explosion in the port of Beirut, which has claimed over 150 lives and left an estimated 300,000 homeless.
‘Salam Beirut’ aims to bring relief to the affected populations; whose numbers continue to rise as Lebanese officials pick through the wreckage. The first phase of response will focus on providing medical aid, food and water supplies and shelter to victims, which will be mobilized by Sharjah-based global humanitarian organization, The Big Heart Foundation (TBHF) in coordination with on-ground relief operators in Lebanon.
Furthermore, TBHF officials along with their local partners will carry out a detailed assessment of the damage to property to implement targeted activities to provide affected households with rehabilitation support including rubble removal, in addition to offering solutions to boost vital services like electricity, sanitation, plumbing and carpentry maintenance.
How to donate
Use the following channels to donate to ‘Salam Beirut’ and help save the lives of those left stranded by the disaster.
• SMS to https://bh.ikhair.net/ml/lebn
• Bank transfers can be made to Sharjah Islamic Bank A/C No: 0011-430430-024 IBAN: AE900410000011430430024
• Cheques and cash payments can be made by contacting TBHF on 0557574930.
Home >> Government, Legal & Humanity Section