The 2nd Robotic Technology Exhibition Starts Tuesday
Features visionary seminars, stimulating workshops and the world’s leading technology developers showcasing their latest innovations
Dubai, UAE. September 29, 2015 - The 2nd Robotic Technology Exhibition starts Tuesday, September 29 and runs till Thursday, October 1, 2015. The exhibition opens its doors to the public at 9:30am at The Gallery, The Meydan Hotel, Dubai, UAE.
RTEX is the only dedicated robotics and automation event in the Middle East and North Africa region. The three-day event will feature exhibitors from across the world who will showcase the latest and best in technologically-empowered equipment, machinery and technical services catering to industrial automation applications, drone industry, as well as emerging consumer applications.
Main attractions include:
Day 1 |September 29, 2015
· Opening Ceremony by H.E. Eng. Essa Al Maidoor, President of Society of Engineers-UAE and Deputy Director of Dubai Municipality
· Conference: Managing Smart Cities and the role of robotic technology and ICT
· Seminar: The ROBO-Partner Project – a presentation of the most important achievements of the project that aspires the integration of the latest industrial automation systems with human capabilities to increase industrial productivity and safety
· Robotics Competition: Organised by the University of Wollongong in Dubai, this fun and educational annual competition offers students the opportunity to enhance their skills in mathematics and computer programming, and provides children an excellent platform to showcase their innovative thinking, problem-solving skills, technical know-how and teamwork.
Day 2 |September 30, 2015
· Seminar: The role of robotics in the future of human health and rehabilitation
· Workshop: Introduction to ‘littleBits’ Electronics and building your first DIY electronics project – A great workshop targeted at adults who are interested in robotics and would like to build their first project (sold-out)
Day 3 |October 1, 2015
· Workshop: Introduction to Arduino Electronics – A workshop targeted at high school and college students, as well as teachers and electronics enthusiasts who have an interest in programming and control systems teaching platforms (sold-out)
· Workshop: European Project Leaders Workshop 4 EU Fund - An introduction to Horizon 2020, one of the biggest research and technology development programmes in the world seeking participants from the MENA region to be part of this global endeavour.
· H.E. Eng. Essa Al Maidoor
President of the Society of Engineers, UAE and the Deputy Director General of the Dubai Municipality
· Eng. Mohammed Hassan
Senior Architect Engineer & Urban Planner, Government of Dubai
(Key interest areas: Sustainable Development, Urban Planning)
· Dr. Abdulla Ismail
Professor of Electrical Engineering, Rochester Institute of Technology, Dubai
(Key interest areas: Robotics, Innovation, Education)
· Dr. Se-Kyong Song
CEO & Founder, FutureRobot Co
(Key interest areas: Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Commercial and consumer application of robotics technology)
· Fady S. Alnajjar
Research Scientist, RIKEN, Brain Science Institute, Japan
(Key interest areas: Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Neuro-rehabilitation for stroke survivors)
RTEX 2015 will create a genuine platform for new, forward thinking ideas in robotics to be discussed and demonstrated. The event will showcase how robotics is being used across a number of industries as well as consumer applications. The exhibition will also serve as a great networking opportunity for public sector representatives, trade visitors, and exhibitors. Featuring some of the most exciting technology innovators, manufacturers, component suppliers, start-ups and end-users, RTEX represents a unique opportunity to promote new ideas, forge partnerships and provide business opportunities for all parties.
Organised by Palladium Exhibition Organisers in partnership with Dubai Customs, Lockheed Martin, The Society of Engineers-UAE and Future Robot, the second Robotic Technology Exhibition will take place from 29. Sept – 01. Oct 2015 at The Meydan (Gallery).
Home >> Technology Section