Dubai Summer Surprises Kicks Off This Friday With Line-up of Diverse Events and Retail Promotions
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 19 June 2019: Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) returns this year for its 22nd edition, making Dubai the ultimate destination to make memories this summer season. The annual festival will run from 21 June until 3 August 2019, and will offer residents and visitors exciting events, sales, hotel and spa deals, offers on city-wide attractions and leisure destinations. With a calendar full of activities for families, couples and kids of all ages, Dubai is the place to be this summer.
Here, organisers Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE) reveal the highlights of this year’s festival line-up:
EVENTS AND ENTERTAINMENT
• For the first time ever, Kids Rock festival will come to Dubai Festival City Mall, bringing a host of famous stars from PJ Masks including Catboy, Gekko, Owlette, and Luna Girl from 22 June to 11 July and Angry Birds from 12 July to 4 August. The festival will feature daily stage shows and interactive workshops for the entire family to enjoy.
• City Centre Deira will exclusively host the famous licensed ‘Justice League’ superheroes show and activation this summer. Mall visitors will be invited to join Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and The Flash on a journey to defend the earth from 27 June to 6 July.
• The family favourite destination, Ripe Market, has returned to Dubai once again at Dubai Festival City Mall. Bargain-hunters can browse and shop from a variety of local designers and feast at food trucks from now until 4 August.
• The Middle East’s longest running comedy night, The Laughter Factory, will return to Dubai this DSS with different shows across the city, including Movenpick JBR on 13 June, Grand Millennium Barsha Heights on 14 June, TRYP by Wyndahm on 20 June and Hilton Dubai Jumeriah on 21 June. All shows start at 9pm and ticket prices start at AED 140.
• The Big Fish Comedy Tour which features three international award-winning comedians; Keith Farnan, Sonja-Jayne Salmon and Conor Drum will take place at Jumeirah Golf Estates on 21 June with tickets starting from AED 145.
• In celebration of their fifteenth anniversary, Nouvelle Vague are setting off on a global tour which will bring them to Dubai on 25 June. Taking place at Dubai Opera, fans can enjoy the evening with singers Mélanie Pain and Elodie Frégé in true French New Wave cinema movement style from the 1960s. Ticket prices start at AED 150.
• ABBA REUNION is heading to the Theatre by QE2 for two unmissable shows on 26 and 27 June. Performing some of the iconic band’s favourite hits including ‘Waterloo’ and ‘Mamma Mia’, the tribute act will offer audiences two concerts a night at 8pm and 10pm. Ticket prices start from AED 180.
• This June, Alserkal Avenue’s The Junction will host the Tony-nominated dark comedy “A Behanding in Spokane”. Directed by the Oscar-winning filmmaker Martin McDonagh, the play follows the life of an ageing man engaged in an obsessive, decades-long search for his missing hand. The show will run for two days starting 27 June, and booking is advised.
• This summer, Dubai Sports World will offer fitness-enthusiasts three months of action-packed sporting events for all ages. Running from 19 June until 10 September 2019, everyone can escape the heat and head to Dubai World Trade Centre for many different activities and experiences.
• The children’s favourite summer character, Modhesh, will be back with ‘Modhesh World’ at Dubai World Trade Centre from 21 June to 17 August with a host of activities to keep families entertained.
• DSS will offer shoppers an exciting six weeks of sales, with more than 700 brands participating across more than 3,500 outlets. Everyone will have the chance to get their hands on incredible bargains with 25 to 75 per cent off on selected items from a variety of stores.
• The six-week festival will kickstart with a 12-hour sale across six of Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) malls. It will start at midday on 21 June and will give seasoned shopaholics a chance to snap up bargains right through till midnight. Participating malls include Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Mirdif, City Centre Deira, City Centre Me’aisem, City Centre Al Barsha and City Centre Al Shindagha.
• “Deal of the Day” will return to DSS this year, giving residents and visitors an exclusive shopping deal every day of the week at one outlet in one specific location throughout the festival from 22 June until 31 July. The daily deal will be announced on social media @DSSsocial 24 hours in advance.
• Running until 4 August, The Smash Room will offer families an exclusive deal of just AED 200 for two adults and two children. Spend the day bonding with the family and smash up to 40 glasses and two electronic items.
• Those who visit La Perle by Dragone between June and August can benefit from a reduced ticket rate of AED 199.
• From now until 31 August, Dubai’s favourite attraction, Wild Wadi Waterpark, is giving thrill-seekers an exclusive summer offer. Entry for GCC residents over 1.1 meters tall is just AED 249, and under 1.1 meters tall is AED 149 - this is inclusive of a tasty meal, redeemable at the Julshan’s Burger and Dogs inside the waterpark.
• Popular Thai street food restaurant, Mango Tree has launched a new deal called ‘Woah Wednesdays’ where guests can try unlimited dishes served from 7pm to 9pm for AED 99 per person.
• Every Thursday, foodies can enjoy an authentic four-course signature set menu of hearty Italian dishes at Leonardo and Stella Di Mare in Dubai Marina for AED 249 per person from 7pm to 11pm.
• Carnivores will love the ‘Games of Bones’ deal on offer at jungle-themed Mama Zonia. Every Saturday and Sunday, from 12pm to 11pm, diners can tuck into 1/2 kg of beef back ribs and fries for AED 95.
• On Fridays at The Scene by Simon Rimmer, guests can enjoy a two-course menu for AED 99 or three-course menu for AED 149 and tuck into British dishes such as smoked salmon carpaccio, beetroot risotto and beef cheek ragout.
• Shoppers who spend AED 200 at Dubai Shopping Malls Group, including Al Bustan Centre, Al Mulla Plaza, Burjuman, Al Barsha Mall, City Centre Me’aisam, Dubai Outlet Mall, Etihad Mall, Oasis Mall, Reef Mall and Time Square Centre will receive a raffle ticket to be in a chance to win an INFINITI Q30. There are six cars up for grabs, with one given away each week of DSS starting from 29 June.
HOTEL AND SPA PROMOTIONS
• People looking to enjoy a longer hotel stay without the expensive price tag can head to Vida Hotel Downtown, Manzil Hotel, The Address Boulevard, The Address Dubai Mall, The Address Downtown, The Address Montgomerie, The Address Marina Mall or The Palace Downtown Dubai and experience more for less. Book two nights and receive the third night free of charge, or book six nights and pay for four, or even better, book for nine nights and pay for just six. What’s not to love!
• Residents and visitors looking to book group staycations for 10 rooms or more this summer can head to Sofitel Dubai Downtown, which is offering an incredible rate on group bookings with prices for single rooms starting from just AED 350, inclusive of breakfast.
• Sheraton Mall of the Emirates offers all Marriott Bonvoy members 25 per cent off staycations this summer. Inclusive of breakfast and access to the luxury hotel facilities, this deal is not to be missed.
• Guests can save up to 20 per cent off their booking at the Mövenpick Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel and receive an additional complimentary $20 F&B voucher.
• Starting today until 15 September, Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre is making its brilliant events team available to hire at a great rate. Whether it’s a wedding, a birthday party or even a baby shower, the hotel’s Event Hub has guests covered.
• Those who check-in to one of the 319 spacious rooms at Waldorf Astoria Hotel, Dubai Palm Jumeriah can relish in a 45-minute bespoke massage for two, followed by dinner at one of the fine-dining restaurants, all for a discounted rate this summer.
• Atlantis The Palm is treating UAE residents to a special 20 per cent off their staycation this summer. Escape the busy city life and relax in one of the luxury rooms while enjoying the hotel’s award-winning facilities.
• Travellers looking for a weekend getaway can head to Conrad Downtown to enjoy a relaxing staycation. Prices start from just AED 250 per person, inclusive of breakfast and 20 per cent off at the delicious Ballarò Restaurant and Conrad Spa.
• From now until 30 September, Dubai’s most fashionable hotel, Palazzo Versace Dubai, is running an exclusive summer staycation package. Prices start from only AED 850 per room per night, inclusive of breakfast, a choice between a divine High Tea or access to Dubai Parts and Resorts and 20 per cent off on F&B.
Home >> Real Estate & Retail Section